Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Follow Up

I saw Dr. Hoang on Monday for my follow up to last weeks appointment. He said the swelling was gone and it was/is probably fluid up there in the joint. He advised trying to wean from the muscle relaxer but stay on the Aleve and go back on the Flexeril if going off it causes pain. One night off of it and I will be back on it tonight. I attempted that last night, but woke up in pain, so I will be taking it tonight. I am also back on a soft food until it heals.

Overall I am doing ok. I get frustrated at times, but am reassured that it's a long process and just be patient. The feeling in my chin is really making significant progress. I'm ready for the braces to be off mostly, but that's still going to be a few months down the road.

Thanks again for all of your love and prayers.

1 comment:

joebetstu said...

Hey - So thankful that the swelling is down and that things are not as bad as they might have been. Steve, Regina, and Shawn were here last week (visiting Aunt Betty after our family gathering in Reno.) I didn't realize that Shawn is facing the same surgery, probably in December. We didn't share much, knowing all that you have been through...and continue to go through. At least, you can say you're on the downhill side, even if you're STILL facing months of post-operative recovery. AND, it's OK to be frustrated...as long as you're not depressed!

Hugs from the Bungalow...B & J