Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's That Time



My braces came off yesterday, not that anyone around here noticed. LOL. It feels so weird and so exciting. I ate corn yesterday for the first time without shredding my tongue picking it out of he braces. The new look still shocks me when I look in the mirror, it's just wild.

I am still pain free, so it seems as long as I don't get hit I am good to go.

I ate gum this week for the first time too. Once again, a whole different experience because of how my teeth hit and blowing a bubble. It's like taking steps for the first time. =)

My doctor's office finally called a couple of weeks ago with a December 2nd appt. I was very disappointed that they would let a patient remain in pain for that long. I am not sure if there was a mix up or not because the Dr.'s assistant called yesterday very apologetic. Either way, all is good. And I am thrilled.

I was able to open 40 mm yesterday at my orthodontist appointment. I'll have to look back and see what it was in the past, I am not sure, but this time he said anything over 40 is probably normal. So I am making good progress.

Really, the numbness in my chin is the only side effect right now. I have a ways to go before that is all back, so I am still praying about that.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Heidi - I saw your post on the yahoo website which took me to this. I am so pleased to hear your joint has come right. Am I correct in assuming you did nothing, but it just suddenly improved by itself? Since my surgery I have had a big tmj problem myself. I had the jaw flushing thing and then my bite became centred and the pain went, but the pain came back, although not as bad. Currently I am waiting on a physiotherapist appointment. I know what you mean about those BAD early mornings. If you have any tips my blog is http://jawtilting.blogspot.com/. Thanks.