So, yesterday I was annoyed. Today, Ecstatic!!
I was cleaning for the first time in a while and I found my paperwork from our last appointment with the surgeon. Well, turns out what Matt had mentioned a couple of days ago ( I didn't share this) was right. According to the paperwork, after I got my wires cut I was to follow a soft diet for another two weeks and then gradually increase the consistency of my diet to include: chicken, tender red meat, salads and fresh fruits. Do you know what today is? TWO WEEKS after I got my wires cut!! So, guess what?
It truly is the weirdest thing having my teeth touch each other, it actually feels really wrong, like I am going to hurt myself or something. Very very bizarre. I kept calling Matt with questions:
"Are your teeth suppose to hit each other when you chew?"
"Can you really bite something in half with your front teeth? Is that ok?"
I didn't know such things were possible before. He was being polite, but I could hear a giggle in his voice.
Also, after I discovered the above paperwork, the doctor's office called and I am now going in on June 15th instead of the 29th. Wahoo!! Thank you God! I really should learn to have a little more faith. I have been handed a good lesson today.
1 comment:
We haven't had a chance to check in on you since last Thursday, when we left for Oregon. What a blessing to see you talking (yes, we could understand EVERY word), enjoying mac & cheese, and looking more and more like yourself. Your experience gives us a new appreciation for ALL the things we take for granted. Hopefully, by the time you see the surgeon, you will be "friends" with your new bite and able to eat all of the good stuff...maybe even corn on the cob on the 4th of July!?
B & J @ the Bungalow
Post a Comment