Friday, May 22, 2009

Field Trip and The Sewer


I went with KR's class yesterday to the zoo. We had a good time, but it really wore me out. KR learned that Mountain Lions eat Deer. Our guide was, well um, interesting. He liked to talk a lot and would tell the kids "I'll get to that" when they had a question.

I'm feeling so good that I think I can do more than really I can. I was thankful for snack time a couple of hours after we got to the zoo because I was able to ice my face.

Most of the swelling is gone, or so it seems. I do ice it everyday and am still on Tylenol and Motrin. The pain in the chin is annoying, but it's good to know that the nerves aren't damaged and I'll get the feeling back eventually. I hear maybe after a month, based on a friend of a friend.

Here I am at 2 weeks after surgery:



I am still spitting out stitches, or can at least feel them. Eating is going ok. I can eat most things that are soft: scrambled eggs, potatoes, pudding, oatmeal, jello and soup. It feels good for my stomach to actually feel full at times. I didn't count calories yesterday so I don't really know how I did. I have lost another pound, so 19 now.

Aunt Cora came over to help with the kids, it's huge getting help. The hardest part is the talking for me right now. I can do it and much better than when wired shut, but if I talk too much, I pay for it with pain, especially at night.

Mom has hired a housecleaner for us while I am recovering. I love her. She's so easy going and while I do feel lazy watching someone else clean my house it's been a total blessing.

While Angela was cleaning, the back toilet started bubbling. Hmm, tried flushing it, and it just rose. Decided to leave it until Matt got home. Then I discovered that the back bathtub was filled with gray water. Matt got home about 5:30 and was with roto rooter and the Sewer District until 2:30 a.m. at which time all was fixed. Poor Guy. Then he came in and cleaned both showers, luckily Angela hadn't cleaned those or that would have been a waste. =)

No comments: