I'm not getting much sleep this week. So much to do and I am quickly running out of time. I have to pack the kids suitcases, make sure I have food to eat for when I come home and get the house cleaned up (although mom has hired someone to keep it clean while I am sick and do some prep work while I am in surgery - yippee).
I am praying that my outlook now is on the exaggerated side and it's not going to be as bad as I have convinced myself it will be. However, when I went to get bloodwork done yesterday, the lady behind the counter (who has had this surgery) said, "You have a 5 and a 3 year old and you are having this surgery?" rather questionably. I informed her that wasn't helpful and we talked a bit further about details. I'm not sure if I walked away more fearful or comforted that she has the best smile in the world.
My friends have a meal list going so that my family will have something to eat while I am recovering. Thank you Thank you Thank you. That gives me some piece of mind because while I may have hands to cook with, I just hear that I will be exhausted most of the time.
I have had several emotional moments hugging the kids lately. They won't be able to get near my jaw for hugs so I will miss those.
I am going over Bible verses and Praise songs that will help keep me from panicking while wired shut. That is my biggest concern right now, remaining calm. Must.Remain.Calm.
2 comments:
Good luck tomorrow!!! I'll be praying for you. Have lots of good songs on your iPod to keep you relaxed. Wish I could be there to help you out.
Hi cuz, it's Tamara. Good luck. I'll praying for you. You will be fine. You are very strong. If you need help with the kids let me know. I am available anytime you or Matt need me. I'll take the kids anytime you need me to. I know you have plenty of help, but just wanted to offer it.
Post a Comment